LEBN Pre-Season Report !

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Depending on how many generations these lines went through before @Bluejay77 received them, they still may be segregating traits or relatively stable (more or less); heirloom varieties have been grown for years and are very consistent in their characteristics (unless outcrossing happens). These lines must have had some characteristic in the plant or seed distinct from the parental variety that Will Bonsall noticed was different and desirable. Just think of what you can start (or continue)!

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm able to do 15 bush beans in my SBG. I'd be game, can't really seperate though. They'd be growing in the same half of the bale that I have designated for beans next to my cucumbers

Tricia77

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can't wait to get the season started! This is going to be so much fun. I might be interested in growing some of these out crosses instead of the list I originally sent you.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tricia,

After I get the photos of the outcrosses posted on a new 2016 Little Easy Bean Network thread. If you like you don't have to take your original list. You can replace all those with these outcrosses instead if you want to.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, sometimes those outcrosses can turn into some special things that big box seed companies don't touch. A stiff stemmed bush that makes plain dull looking beans that are great in ham soup, or a variety that never stabilizes bean colors, but is very productive.
Or how about those flamboyants, all over the page in what they are!