Let me Clarify ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What are your stand-in words for something whose name you don’t know or can’t remember?

Use any language and dialect but you are responsible for helping us understand how to pronounce the word.

I'll start off with --- thingamajig.

Steve
(careful with autocorrect ;)!)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Hand me the … umm... uh.. the (waves hand in general direction) .. UHG! Uh, the.. the.. (mimes using it)"

Also, my family has never called the desert topping that comes in a pressurized can by it's name. The stuff has ALWAYS been "pointing finger down and rotating in several small circles while making desert topping noise with the tongue stuck out"

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Hand me the … umm... uh.. the (waves hand in general direction) .. UHG! Uh, the.. the.. (mimes using it)"

Also, my family has never called the desert topping that comes in a pressurized can by it's name. The stuff has ALWAYS been "pointing finger down and rotating in several small circles while making desert topping noise with the tongue stuck out"
:lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we are all about simplicity and directness here: "crap" or "stuff" or *finger point* if we're in visual range of desired object.

we also have our own made up language based upon tv shows that are commonly watched (by Mom, i just listen).

and if all else fails we will just make up words or phrases or pick a word and adapt it.

Mom is an atrocious speller so i'm her dictionary lookup service (scissors she could
not find in the dictionary because you have to know it has the c after the s)...

there's a few words i commonly don't spell correctly myself - i don't use spell correction in any thing so if it happens, well, it happens - consider it local color/colour...

Latest posts