Let's see your wheel barrow!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
image.jpg

Here is the work horse of our garden and property. Stanley and I go back about 18 yrs now. I purchased Stanley right after his predecessor true temper was crushed to the ground and killed in a landscape Boulder accident. Stanley is the third wheel barrow I have personally owned . The first one was picked up at a yard sale for almost no money, which is exactly what I had back then lol. It was the older style with iron handles and the hard rubber "pizza cutter" tire. As soon as I could I replaced it with true temper who I used until his untimely death. For Christmas I was given a lowes gift card and while there I spotted a new kobalt wheel barrow with the contoured handles and mag wheel. I was gonna pull the trigger on it until I thought of Stanley leaned up against the garage with a few feet of snow covering him. He has been a loyal friend and hard worker for all these years he will not be replaced here.think maybe this year maybe I will wax him up and oil his handles, or maybe just wait until he's 20 to do it. I want to see your wheel barrows/the tool that does the heavy lifting at your house. A good wheel barrow is an integral part of the garden.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry....I only have a pic of mine in work mode. :D The tire goes flat now and again but will hold air for the season, just tends to go flat during the winter. We park it out by the wood shed in the winter to hold our ashes until we get a barrow full, then we roll them on down to the orchard.

We need to take better care of it, but never really think about doing that somehow.

Invaluable tool for every home, IMO. Good thread! :thumbsup

100_3795.jpg

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hum.. have had my jackson for about 10 years on the second tire, really want to change it over to a duel wheel. but the real workhorse around here is the agi-fab cart it has hauled way more that it should and keeps on hauling. have had it since 2002 and yes those are the original tires...
between the two everything is good around here...
DSC_0004.JPG

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I go though wheel barrels like Kleenex. No matter have much they cost they don't last. What has held up is garden cart from tractor supply . https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/bond-garden-cart?cm_vc=-10005 the heavy duty one. About 5 years ago we had a thread on old wheel barrels the old ones with iron wheels are collector items go for big dollars, If you see one at yard sale cheap buy it!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought that wagon. Used it first year, now it just sits. Paid $50 for mine.

I use Polaris to haul. Will take pix of wheel barrow later that FIL gave me. It's 40+ years old.

Latest posts