Let's see your wheel barrow!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to show the stitches on the manure hauler. It had a near fatal accident, kid caused, hauling dirt. Got him stitched up and he's still working hard 14 years later.
This one was a Christmas present 25 years ago.

wheelbarrow4.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
box.JPG

Oh. The wheels came off of mine!

Stitching up the wheel barrow reminds me of this box, a 90 year old gardener was using a few years ago :D. I posted the picture once before ... didn't allow her to see me snapping the picture ;).

I had a nice contractor's wheel barrow for many years. Broke one handle and replaced it with one I made. DW and my father schemed to take it away from me ... they replaced it with what one neighbor called "a little boy." The other wheel barrow disappeared. They claimed that it was too heavy for my back ...

:idunno digitS'

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, like your Jackson wheelbarrow, We have a trailer for the mower that we use a lot also. I like the wheelbarrow for unloading things out of my truck or hauling moderate amounts of dirt, rock, mulch, or other materials . I like the trailer for hauling branches, wood, and other awkward loads. Also have a 4 wheeler that almost never use around here not sure why, our nephew cannot do anything around here without using it lol.

Thistle, nice collection of wheelbarrows, how do you like the handles on the work wheelbarrow? The old stitched up one looks like an old workhorse that still can function okay. It is hard to get rid of things that have been useful for so long , it's almost like losing an old friend lol.

Carol Dee,I like the repurposed wheelbarrow planter. Gonna look great when it fills in.

NyB , we have one of those garden carts also ,DW uses it way more than I do. I always use Stanley out of habit mostly I think.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed corn I want to see that pic of your old wheelbarrow . We have a 4 wheeler and trailer for some reason we just are not in the habit of using it around the place. I think it that our last place was to small to use it around the yard so was used to just using the wheelbarrow. I need to start using it more around the yard and garden.

Valley Ranch, I loaded the rock into my four wheel drive on the job site with a backhoe so I was not aware of how heavy it really was. It only dropped about 18" inches from the tailgate to the wheelbarrow,but it went right thru it without even slowing down lol. It just smashed it into the ground I was sorta surprised how easily it ruined true temper.

Steve, sometimes our family members know what's best for us when we don't. Or we do know and refuse to slow down or lighten up. That box is amazing, love it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The handles on my work 'barrow are alright. Actually in some ways a little better sometimes than the regular ones.
Funny, on a job I used to do regularly the clients handyman and I had a running game of friendly insults going. He cracked me up. Always taking pokes at my girly truck and micro work trailer. One day he starts on my wheel barrows handles. He asked if he could try it, I said he could if he thought he was man enough.

I bought that at Lowes because my original developed a huge crack in the bottom and needed replacing. I wanted a plastic body so it would be light enough to load on top of my trailers tool box. That one was my only choice.

I put solid tires on my work barrow and the old sutured one. I seem to run over a lot of rose trimmings or something and got tired of fetching the bike pump.

Latest posts