Let's Talk About Heirloom Tomatoes

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ken Adams if you have Heirloom tomatoes other than the varieties featured so far, please post pics of whole and sliced tomatoes, along with your review!

Ken Adams

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I likely do. I tend to search out rare varieties for my garden. But being in northern indiana it will be a bit yet before I have any to post :(

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya'll can enjoy pics of my tomatoes for now, lick the computer screen........
By the time ya'll are posting pics, mine will be brown and dead. :lol: Heatstroke!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya'll can enjoy pics of my tomatoes for now, lick the computer screen........
By the time ya'll are posting pics, mine will be brown and dead. :lol: Heatstroke!
Dang southerners........

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn .......... :plbb

These are Yellow Pear tomatoes. They were the first tomatoes to ripen and every 2-3 days, I pick a double handful off 4 plants. The other ones are Chocolate Cherry tomatoes, they are a rosy-brownish color with streaks of green. They have a good tomato taste and I like the color. I got the seed from @PhilaGardener .

Tomato cherry.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yellow pears look fine. You can have those green/black ones. If they aren't good to eat fresh, they aren't good enough to cook with.
@seedcorn .......... :plbb

These are Yellow Pear tomatoes. They were the first tomatoes to ripen and every 2-3 days, I pick a double handful off 4 plants. The other ones are Chocolate Cherry tomatoes, they are a rosy-brownish color with streaks of green. They have a good tomato taste and I like the color. I got the seed from @PhilaGardener .

View attachment 3327

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello @BeanieMan,

One of the Gardener's Delight tomato plants is about ready to give me it's first ripe fruit. They look like what we call cherry tomatoes. Very, Very small fruits. Is that what they are? They have grown the most beautiful plants and are very tall. Are any of the other varieties you sent to me seed of cherry sized tomatoes?

Latest posts