Lickbranchfarms 2020 Garden

Well, Since i planted in the big garden we've had frost 3 different times. My potatoes and Onions are still doing great, some of the squash is growing, but not like it should. Im planning on re-planting everything starting Monday, Im off all week, and it will be a good time to get everything in the ground and done. All my peppers and tomatoes are hardened off and ready to go, but I have been dragging my feet because of weather.

On another note, the new chicken coop I was working on took a direct hit during the storm last Monday, alot of hard work flattened in minutes. Good thing I was able to save a lot of the lumber. This is a shot of what it looked like Monday morning......
barn 2.jpg

So after the clean up and being back to square one, I got the walls back up, siding on, and put the truss's back up in 3 days. Last night I started putting the sheathing on the roof, and I hope to get the tin on in the next few days. I'd like to have it dried in and ready for paint by next weekend. Then I can tie the run into the Coop and let the chickens in their new home. This what i had done by Thursday evening......
IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

Took vacation last week, spent most of it finishing the garden shed/chicken coop, all thats left is to tie the coop and Run together and put the tin roof over the run. I Spent the other half of the week getting everything planted in the garden. Its bad when you have to go back to work to get some rest Lol. anyway, i got my corn in, planted 8 rows of ambrosia, 5 rows of purple hull peas, 10 rows of butter beans, 6 rows of peppers, and 6 rows of tomatoes. Once everything pops up I'll post some pics. All that's left are my sweet potato slips, and the Okra.

barn3.jpg

Did a short video of where every things at in the garden.....

I got my Okra planted yesterday afternoon, got 5 rows 60' long. Not planning on selling much this year, hoping to be able to can more for our own use. I planted in a different spot than usual this year so i got my fingers crossed.

I ordered my sweet potato slips from Steele plant company out of Tennessee on Monday. 100 Covington slips cost $48.50 with free shipping. Im going to start out slow this year and see what my soil will do were I plan to plant the sweet potato's. If they do well, I'll expand next year. They should be here by Thursday, i'll soak them in water over night and plug um in the ground on Friday.

Your order has shipped

Hi David,
We have finished processing your order.
[Order #16441] (April 27, 2020)
Product Quantity Price
Covington - 100 Plants 1 $48.50
Subtotal: $48.50
Shipping: Free shipping
Payment method: PayPal
Total: $48.50

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've gotten sweet potato slips from Steele a few times, I consider them a good company. I've never heard of Covington, seems like a new variety. That uniform size is more what you'd like for a commercial sweet potato. Be interesting to see what you have to say after harvest.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
5 rows 60’ Long just for your family? How large is your family? 1 row, 25’ Long feeds 2 of us who try to eat all that is small enough-it gets away from me too often.

Latest posts