Lickbranchfarms 2020 Garden

@baymule here are the before pictures of what Im working with. These were taken the day i did my initial walk through and made an offer on the house.

Living room
IMG_2278.jpg

Living room looking back towards Kitchen area (behind the wall)
IMG_2279.jpg

Kitchen area (very small....for now)
IMG_2281.jpg

Dining Room area
IMG_2280.jpg

Edge of dining room and kitchen looking down the hall way
IMG_2282.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Now once we acquired the house I knew the Kitchen would take the most worked. I noticed a weak spot in the floor when i did my walk through, and my suspicions were correct, the sill was rotten on that side of the kitchen and had pulled the floor down.

Kitchen after demolition
IMG_2422.jpg

Old rotten Sill removed, rotten wall studs cut off...
IMG_2423.jpg

New double 2x10 sill installed...
IMG_2426.jpg

Okay fast forward to last night, I am in the process of putting down the second layer of 3/4" Sub-flooring in the kitchen and once that is finished i can finish the kitchen drywall and prime everything. My main focus for now is the kitchen/dining/living room area. once those are done i can focus on the bedroom/bathrooms. You'll notice i remove the wall between the kitchen and living room, i cant stand small spaces and this opened the entire space up big time. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen and living room when we have family get together's and they're will be an island in the kitchen with stools so we can cram everyone in here and still have plenty of space.

I tried to re-create the first pictures i took before demolition to give you an idea of how much bigger it feels....

Kitchen area looking into the living room....
IMG_2578.jpg

Living room looking into the Kitchen....
IMG_2579.jpg

Corner of the kitchen looking into the dining room...
IMG_2580.jpg

Dining room/kitchen looking down hall way....
IMG_2581.jpg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay fast forward to last night, I am in the process of putting down the second layer of 3/4" Sub-flooring in the kitchen and once that is finished i can finish the kitchen drywall and prime everything. My main focus for now is the kitchen/dining/living room area. once those are done i can focus on the bedroom/bathrooms. You'll notice i remove the wall between the kitchen and living room, i cant stand small spaces and this opened the entire space up big time. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen and living room when we have family get together's and they're will be an island in the kitchen with stools so we can cram everyone in here and still have plenty of space.

I tried to re-create the first pictures i took before demolition to give you an idea of how much bigger it feels....

Kitchen area looking into the living room....
View attachment 36305

Living room looking into the Kitchen....
View attachment 36306

Corner of the kitchen looking into the dining room...
View attachment 36307

Dining room/kitchen looking down hall way....
View attachment 36308
It's going to look awesome! We have a ranch and our kitchen only has cabinets on one side and that makes the kitchen feel bigger. I can use more storage bit I like the "roomier" feeling to my kitchen. I cant wait to see the finished pics!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We rented a house once with a wall between the living room and the kitchen. I felt exiled when I cooked supper. I was all alone!

I love it that you knocked out the wall and made an open space. I don’t like cramped up rooms either. This house is going to be so nice when you are done. Can’t wait to see what you do with the kitchen and living room.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
looking good! did you find out why that sill was rotting to begin with? was there a leak in the foundation/siding/roof/wall/window someplace?

looking good! did you find out why that sill was rotting to begin with? was there a leak in the foundation/siding/roof/wall/window someplace?

Yes the hot water heater and washing machine were actually on that wall, my guess was one or the other leaked and soaked the wood. My guess was the washing machine.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have to do a lot of work to this house, but what a fabulous deal to fall in your lap. You are going to make this house brand new again.

Latest posts