Lickbranchfarms 2020 Garden

It does seem like a lot of work, the last house we lived in was close to 3000 square feet and i did the same to it, complete gut and redo. This house is only 1300 sq.ft and its not as over whelming to look at when you look at what needs to be done. Kitchen drywall is all but done now, 1 more sheet to hang on the walls and 1 more sheet on the ceiling. Cabinet guys comes by August 1st for his deposit, cabinets will be on the wall 2 weeks after that, Once that happens, flooring is going in, then I'll take a break for a week or so and kinda gather my thoughts about a master bath and laundry room. I hope to have what Im working on now completed before the end of August, just in time for Fall gardening LOL.

This is the morning routine, kinda before i get the day started good, i get home at night and check everything is good on the farm, head to the house.....which is right next door Lol.

And the purple hulls i planted first of June, we got 3 good pickings from 5 rows, and I have 5 more rows coming off any day now. Plus to give you guys an idea of the Okra field i grow. We have cut okra 3 times since this past saturday.

Boy it has been hooooot around here. Well im making good progress on the house, The living room areas is all but done, the kitchen drywall is finished, just needs to be primed. Finishing up on the new pantry now, a little more mud work and trim, its ready for primer. I hope by this weekend to be finishing the ceilings and then I can get started on the floors. Have a local guy lined up to do the hardwood floors in the living room, and I will be laying the laminate planks for the rest of the floors. I'll get some pics tonight before the drywall dust cloud starts Lol. The video below shows the progress made up until last week.....

We are getting plants started for the fall garden. I got my Christmas Lima pole beans planted Monday, and started 2 different kinds of cabbage in trays along with 1 tray of broccoli, and another tray of top bunch collards. I've still got to get the mustard, turnips, and all top turnips in the ground, but look to get some of it done this weekend.

Dove season came in here in North Carolina this past Saturday. Me, Jace, my son and my daughter in law had a ball on the field my son put in just for doves.

Latest posts