Like to Snoop around Your Neighborhood?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I worry a little about the neighborhood but it is reassuring how folks are "laboring." DD used to live nearby, about a mile, and said "nobody is working!" I hadn't noticed that but her neighborhood is "above 70%" at the top of the chart (unless we are picking up all the slack from her old location).

Mike the Neighbor picks up slack and I hope he gains something from it. I notice he has taken this week off but I think his job is much dependent on the decisions of his boss. He always has Friday off but surprises me by leaving at that early hour of 4:20 on Saturdays, a few times every year. I'd like to think that there is still some "spring" in his step! Now, Mike had better not disappointment me when he actually does retire. . .

The neighborhood is laboring 2+% above a nearby, much wealthier neighborhood. Where I park the pickup at the big veggie garden has one of their residents - owns property in 2 neighborhoods. Hey, I actually followed him home on Google Streetview - ha!! He had just pulled into his driveway as the camera came around the corner :lol:.

Anyway, he is an olde guy now but told me he retired at 51. See, behavior like that can skew the stats!!!

Twitter takes just a little time. Find the twitter account for someone you enjoy reading in a newspaper or magazine - maybe someone on your local TV news. Then, see who they "re-tweet" and have conversations with. Each person is likely to have a "network" of people. Oh my! You can really find the people who like to chatter! Best to avoid them or you may be tempted to be on Twitter all the time just to keep up. Do NOT follow the "live-tweeters" unless you are really interested in the sporting events or whatever - sheesh!

Most any interest will have a network. News is easy. Those journalists never shut up!

Steve

Latest posts