Living in "an old house"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't get those huge glasses, @Nyboy .

It's hard for me to believe that they are coming back in style!

Anybody with a snoot of normal size and shape can't keep them up. And, they frame cheeks and the bags under the eyes better than the eyes themselves!

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure this will copy and paste, but in case it doesn't, Steve and everyone, you may feel better about your old "house" if you adopt this theory. It takes a while for the lyrics to start.
Peter Mayer singing "Japanese Bowl"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Make the choices ... Mend or fail to mend ...

... autopilot is set for ruination.

Steve
who, once he and DW had set up this year's backyard hoop house, managed to tread an "indoor mile" in his pj's and after a shower ...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
To quote Dr. Pol..."a body in motion, stays in motion." His recipe for staying active as an old guy. ;)

I just went to my yearly Dr. visit yesterday, where the doc asked me, "Anything new I should know about?" and I replied, "Yeah...I'm old and getting older." He shrugged his shoulders and agreed, said he was the same. Asked if I wanted any tests and I said, "Nope...it's confirmed. I'm actually really getting older."

Gave me a script for old bones(the only reason I even go once a year) and said he'd see me next year.

I love my Doc. :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah! I didn't realize that's who that was. I first heard this song on Prairie Home Companion, sung by a young woman. I think her version is better, but either way it is profound, I think.