Living in "an old house"

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, check out laser treatment for the eyes. I have several friends that had it done and they are very pleased . I had plastic lenses implanted after I got splinters blow into my eyes' lenses and then scar tissue formed that gave me blurred vision. Now I have 20/20 vision for all uses, except I need cheap over the counter reading glasses for finer print.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had Lasik done when I was 50. It was my birthday present to myself. I loved it. Unfortunately, it is not a permanent thing and only lasted about 10 years but it was well worth the money. Now I wear glasses. Prior to Lasik I wore contacts for years but the bi-focal contacts on the market are still not that great, so I elected to go to glasses.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother, who is almost 70, has one eye lasix done for reading and one for far vision. He said it was easy to get used to. I'm chicken.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had perfect vision and teeth until about age 40. I started wearing glasses for reading fine print. Then at age 44 I had a baby who whacked me with his head and cracked my front tooth. I had a root canal and over the years I have lost teeth. They will just crack and not get a cavity that can be filled. I have no fillings. My eye sight just gets worse and worse. Five years ago, I failed my eye test to renew my driver's license. I had to go to the eye doctor and she said she did not know what was going on with my eyes. I got the glasses to drive with and then have reading glasses I get at Walmart, well after 4 years, I had to go get my license renewed and I would have failed the test, but this lady passed me. I could read with one eye, but the other eye I could not read. She asked if I had one eye better than the other and I said yes and she said you pass. I use the glasses that I read with all the time. I am not sure if this is nutritional or what. I wonder Steve, if you have changed your diet, all the greens, if that could be causing the improvement in vision? My 1940 something house is standing pretty good. The bones of my old body are in good shape. I really do not have any other problems other than vision and teeth.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, if diet would have dun it, it must have been an accumulation of nutrients ;).

I've eaten the greens for nearly 35 years but really picked up on the amount about 20 years ago. I remember wondering what the bok choy was at a favorite Chinese restaurant sometime in the early '80's. Takes awhile to discover half the world :).

Yes, the eye doctor said I can return to the department of licensing and he will complete paperwork to get the eyeglass requirement off my driver's license. Bright lights bother me, I don't like to drive at night, and I'm willing to wear sunglasses on even cloudy days ...

I notice that light sensitivity is common for most olde people. I don't think that there is a surgery for that ... (I'd better stop being flippant about this because it kinda amounts to my vision being frozen in place. The place is a good one but inflexible isn't. You know: Sometimes, I find myself with that problem, politically. Yeah.)

Steve