Lizards Of The Garden

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see lots of five-lined skinks here. They love my garage and hide behind my hollyhocks. They have the prettiest irridescent blue tails!
6486_skink.jpg

Sometimes I will see a fence lizard, but they are not as prevalent.
6486_fence_lizard.jpg

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have lots of lizards here! Though i haven't seen them much lately.

Mostly green anoles - zillions of 'em.

But Joe, i think your picture #6 is actually a baby alligator. That guy looks fierce!

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
That planter is very cleaver and pretty!

Have you looked at my turtlescaping?

Here is a link;
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26554

Joe
Yes Joe I did see your wonderful turtlescape. That is how I saw your beautiful lizard pictures. :frow Your turtles are very lucky and I bet happy. I know how much work it is to build things like that.

Some years ago, when I was still married we owned Koi and we had built a beautiful pond with a waterfall. We had some very large fish and we were very fond of them. We then moved to a new house and we decided we wanted the fish with us. That is when we built a 10,000-gallon pond. Have you ever tried to catch and move a two a foot long fish?

Its like trying to catch a greased pig while skating on ice. These were our dear pets and as we tried to net them, they would jump ten to fifteen feet to get away from us. This left some of them dashing themselves against the side of the pool, we did lose a few, and it is something I will not try again. :hit

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That does sound like an adventure.

Sorry you lost a few.

If you ever do have to catch one again go with a Bait cast Net!
Throwing that is an art in it self though. I can throw a 10 footer pretty good, give me a 12 footer and I end up in the net in the bottom of the boat! :idunno

Joe

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hello joe, i totally thought of you when i saw my new friend .. i call him lizzy .. i was cleaning up under my oleanders .. not the best photo but he was not inclined to do a photo shoot ..

6271_lizzy_the_lizard.jpg

so after i thought of joe when i saw lizzy, i thought i am an organic girl! i have proof ..

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
chills said:
hello joe, i totally thought of you when i saw my new friend .. i call him lizzy .. i was cleaning up under my oleanders .. not the best photo but he was not inclined to do a photo shoot ..

so after i thought of joe when i saw lizzy, i thought i am an organic girl! i have proof ..
Well thank you! That picture is great.
They don't stay put for very long!

Journey I forgot to thank you for those wonderful pictures.

Joe

Latest posts