Local food sustainability group!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterdays meeting was well attended and im happy to see new faces each week.
To date ive been able to provide them with a local source for organic garden soil, numerous research links and documents to help them understand some of the finer points, a farm tour that includes the opportunity to grow a garden at this farm, if they‘re situation wouldn't permit it and yesterday i presented my “johnny appleseed project”.

Knowing how quickly things will go here in the next month i decided to place a bulk seed order which included cabbage, 2 kinds of squash, pole and bush beans, beets, chard, kale, carrots, celery, parsley, dill and anise hyssop. These are “the easy stuff”. My goal is for them to have all the tools to actually get out there AND DO SOMETHING!
Those seeds arrived and i will deliver they’re personal seed orders next week and that will end my involvement with the group as we’ll be moving into our own busy season.

Some have mentioned, “gee, it would be nice to have something like this where i live” and i would challenge you to find a way! Simply buying a few seeds or distributing some of your last years stuff would be a good starting point. I noticed early on, most of these folks needed to be led by the hand for a while but in a group setting there will always be those who are do’ers and that inspires others.

America was not founded by people sitting around wringing they’re hands and saying, gee i don’t know about that. We are where we are by the grace of God and the determination of individual's willing to step out and lead!
Be one of them!

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plus there's more, @baymule the wood I wanted for the chicken coup, never came, he said too forget that because he's got a better idea. His friend owns 30 chickens. I cannot contain my relief and excitement.
Why would you be excited about a chicken coup? I certainly don't want chickens taking over from human beings!

(you meant coop)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good news/bad news. AG is taking a hard stance to be more sustainable by studying what/when plants needs and using more by products. That’s the good news. Bad news is that their definition of sustainable is, is not even close to what most people think of as sustainable. Small steps, I guess. Good luck in educating people that want to learn.

Latest posts