Looking for a compost tumbler

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts everyone! A DIY option is a non-starter for me as I want my wife to be happy with me and I know she would be less than pleased with that solution in our yard.

Thanks for the <80 gal info @digitS'

I know which one works terrible, and it's the only one I've had experience with. It belonged to a client, she had two. One for new stuff and the other for almost ready stuff. They were giant balls on a rack type holder that had wheels for the balls to roll on. Good idea in theory, but not too practical in application. The compost could be so heavy that it took a lot of strength to get the ball rotated. Would have worked better if it had some sort of handles on the outside to get a grip on. It was also awkward to open to add material.

I've seen a few like that and it seems troublesome.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
tumbler.png
This is what I have and it is OK. I just forget about it. It gives me a load a year, I have had it forever, But they are really expensive now.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A neighbor gave me his tumbler, and I just started using it a couple months back. It does seem to get extremely heavy to turn, and I can't say I see the rapid breakdown, as I had hoped for. It also doesn't contain much, as it has this large section in the center of it that takes up a lot of space. This is the one I have.
sunmar200.jpg

Latest posts