Looking for the best yellow watermelon

sandyullom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best yellow watermelon to grow in Central Indiana this summer...suggestions? I've had a little luck with Crimson Sweet in the past and have been reading how to have better luck this year. So, with all my new found knowledge I decided to try that again and add a yellow variety to go with it!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was looking to grow some yellow watermelons for this summer. Yellow Doll looks to be a good variety it produces melons pretty fast, its good for short season areas. I read that yellow type watermelons are generally sweeter. Can't wait to try some, they sound very interesting.

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm looking too - Burpee lists Orange Sunshine variety, but I'll have to give it a try this year to see how it does! :fl

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One of my favorites has been New Queen. It's compact, early maturing and keeps well. It also does well in less favorable conditions such as heat and disease exposure.

Black Diamond (yellow flesh) is also another variety that we tried years ago and I remember they did quite well for a few seasons. Large fruits and very tasty. We stopped planting watermelons for a few seasons so lost track of seeds but I would recommend them!

Carlos

Latest posts