Lost My Mom Today

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So lucky, :hugs I am so sorry to hear this sad news. :hugs It is always too soon to lose someone we love even when it is expected. :hugs I believe it is the loving memories we make when we were together that ease the grief we feel at times like these.:hugs

Hugs and prayers for you and your family at this time. Know that your gardening friends love and care for you. Did your Mom have a favorite flower?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Right now mostly what I feel is relief and thankfulness that she is out of pain. I am sure when everyone gathers and starts expressing their emotions I will have some "moments."
Red, she absolutely loved flowers of all kinds, but yellow roses were a favorite, so we are having some of those put in her casket piece arrangement, interspersed with other bright springy flowers.
Odd, but I have gotten a certain satisfaction out of making sure her clothing and accessories are "just right" and what she would have wanted. I hope I haven't come across to my siblings as too bossy in all the preparations. After having to make all her decisions for her for the last few years, it has become second nature to me. Not a fact that I take pride in.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a real positive thing for you So Lucky. I mean being able to do those last small things for her memory.

That has been the hardest thing for me dealing with losing my mom and dad.
There were no services for dad and everything that happened at the end of both of their lives was just so wrong, and there was nothing I could do about it.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just seen this post So lucky. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My step dad passed away almost 3 years ago and On days like today ( really nice days) I think of him the most.
My prayers are with you.

Latest posts