Lots of blooms, but no tomatos

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
blurose said:
don't you have to use that before you actually plant the tomatos? I can't figure out how I'd get it around them at this stage. The plants are big and tall, otherwise looking very healthy. I'm just gonna be sitting here like this....:fl and hoping for the best.
I suppose you could put it down now but this may take some work. More cutting and placing I'd imagine.

Best of luck!

yardfarmer

Leafing Out
Reaction score
be patient Blurose, since you planted...they will come. I have quit a few green tomatoes forming on Early Girl and Siletz plants, and the Oregon Star is starting to set little fruits.

i chose plant varities from Territorial Seed, they seem to perform well in the PNW climate. did use Wall -O-Water this year also, which gave the plants a good head start.

I'm sure you will have tomtoes in August, or September.
Keep the faith.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I do that every year....think I'm never gonna get a mater! Why is it taking so long? All this bloom, all this bush, its so tall....where are the tomatoes???? Then, I blink my eyes and I'm overloaded with tomatoes, can't keep them picked before they rot, scrambling to wash jars and can them up. I get too busy to remember that I ever doubted! I found my self speculating this year also.... :rolleyes: I just went out and took a better look and found out that I'm going to be smothered in tomatoes!!! One day, barely there...the next, WADS of tomatoes!!! :th

Latest posts