Lots Of Bright Blue Flowers

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That does look like the annual plant we call larkspur here. It is a ready re-seeder. I have it volunteering all over my garden. The ones I have are a more purple blue, with a few pink ones thrown in.
To get them to grow, if you find seeds, I think you will have better luck seeding in the fall. Just scatter on the ground and maybe cover very lightly with compost. Mine sprout in March, maybe even February, and withstand cold and snow. They don't bloom all summer, though, Mine are already spent, and I have cut most of the stalks. Enough seed has already fallen to the ground, but I will probably shake the stalks to make sure they are empty.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
All parts of larspur are toxic to humans especially when the plants are young. In pastures they cause illness and abortions , also kill many cattle. I always kill, maim and destroy any larkspur on sight in my pastures. Google are larkspur poisonous/ toxic.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try Flax , a recent photo from my vacation.
149.JPG
150.JPG

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I research everything before planting it. If invasive or poisonous I give it a pass.
I thought all southerns had to grow oleander ? Because of deer I try and plant poisonous . Easter was always tulips, but because deer love them daffodils take there place. Hosta are deer crack lily of the valley takes its place.

Latest posts