lots of snow lots of water. Best way to do yard clean up?!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We rake...it just seems easier than scooping with a spade shovel when its piled up all winter. Its gross, and then for irony we scoop it back into the dog food bags to haul to the dump! Haha!

My MIL put in the doggy septic thing and had good success with it.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Totally grateful to have Zone and no snow clean up! That sounds terrible. :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Doggy septic systems!

I love that idea! Every city park should have them!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are putting a damper on my enthusiastic efforts to convince my DH that we need a dog. I forgot about dog poo. :sick

Faith.M

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi sorry haven't been able to make it on for a few days. :/
Anyways we have reached the horrible slush stage and it will take a while for that to clear up. We have HUGE puddles and lots of mud and with the way I have been feeling a fair bit of snow mould.:( I live in northern Alberta and we have had one heck of a long winter. It started in mid October and yes we are scheduled more for tomorrow ugh!!!!

We are supposed to get into the double numbers next week. I can't postpone my parents visit as flights are already booked and quite frankly I CAN'T WAIT for them to get here.:D It has been too long already and with two little children ( 2 and 5 ) I hate them not being here to see them grow. I think now my best defence of attack from what I have read here is a rake and shovel!! My one dog the puppy is great and goes out to the pasture but my little old guy likes to poop where he can close to the house. He can't get very far in 4ft of snow! he is a tiny dog see and hates the cold too!! We actually were the second coldest city in the world one day this year at -40 with a wind chill of -50 so when they have to go out in that I understand the whole poop and run thing lol.:p

It is ment to be +11 here in the next two days so I will be able to get out there and give it a damned good go! Thanks for the tips tho :cool:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do what u can. Your folks won't see the poop for 5 days after they arrive from hugging you and their 2 g'babies.....