Low Taxation County vs High Taxation County...where are you?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for your input ridgerunner. Others taxes etc....whatever they may be....aren't usually seen by the rest of the country.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
It depends where you live in relation to what the cost of living is in your area as well as what and how many different taxes you have to pay there. Have you watched "Property Brothers " ? Just where are they those episodes where they completely remodel fixer uppers with materials + labor for so little for an entire completly run down house ? In Cal. as well as here in SW Washington these days all one could remodel is a kitchen and maybe a dining room and not even sweep out another room in the fixer upper house. I just paid $ 105.78 :barnie just for enough 1"x 4" pine boards at Home Depot then I had to rout the edges and sand them to be trim for a 4' x 6' window ( entire area around the window over exposed studs area included + trim, around a double door, and around a 9' ( along the front ) closet as trim finish work for my office. Paint is extra. A couple days ago, I had to have a handyman replace the front door with a new pre-hung door ( one of the cheapest ones from Home Depot ) on our ranch in Ca. . Price $ 879 . :rant

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of factors Bob. What's the cost of heating or cooling your house, both from weather and the cost of whatever you heat or cool it with. The gasoline process here are different than an hour south because of the distribution center the gasoline comes from. Lots of different things go into that cost of living. Taxes are only a part.