majors 2016 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/28/16 update
got up early drove up my friends house and picked up more parts for the conover store
sprayed all the weeds in the main garden..finally no wind
mowed and weed eated the entire property..,storms coming in the next 2 days

ok nothing new so here's the entire gardens....
DSC_0073.JPG

semi set the new bridge over the ditch.. no more slipping in the mud and easier to cross with the g/t
just need to dig around the 3x5 to lower it..
DSC_0076.JPG

and this is where i spent the rest of the my afternoon listening to the birds and a couple cold beers.... my duties are done for the weekend...
DSC_0074.JPG

hopefully another peaceful campfire tonight....

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I could sit and look at my garden and feel at peace. :p Everything looks great! You are so far ahead of me right now. I just have a few tiny corn plants and some little squash and cantaloupe going, and a couple scraggly cabbages... We've had a good break in the rain though, so I hope to get the main garden tilled up and partly planted tomorrow! All that rain for the midwest and east coast is diverting around us this weekend.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I could sit and look at my garden and feel at peace. :p Everything looks great! You are so far ahead of me right now. I just have a few tiny corn plants and some little squash and cantaloupe going, and a couple scraggly cabbages... We've had a good break in the rain though, so I hope to get the main garden tilled up and partly planted tomorrow! All that rain for the midwest and east coast is diverting around us this weekend.

you are ahead of me...no squash no corn no cabbage here... plus you have all that extra room now,oh the possibilities...
waiting on the pole beans and melons to be done before planting corn, once they are done will plant more corn in the main garden than the whole midwest produces in a year....<ok a little white lie there>...

dw and i took a bunch of lettuce, spinach, kale to the boses house. it was a nice rainy day for a drive...even got a new new garden hat....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
pulled all the weeds in the crowder pea bed.
pulled all the kale,lettuce and bok chio that bolted. not even going to try planting anymore more till i am back home full time. so sad to waste all that hope the wildlife enjoys them..

walked the main garden found striped cucumber beetles already sprayed that area...

on a happier note..
the diplomat melons have melons
DSC_0008.JPG

the mariana tomatoes..
DSC_0013.JPG
the intruder bell peppers..
DSC_0012.JPG

looks like i might be having chilies relleno's very soon..the highlanders
DSC_0011.JPG

life is good below the 35th parallel line .....even without carrots...

Latest posts