majors 2016 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/14/13 quickie update..
last weeks bush beans planting now sprouts...
DSC_0013.JPG

crowder peas..oh my the weeds have taken root as well...grrr
DSC_0015.JPG

English peas.... we got flowers..
DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

main garden ..everyone in the have jumped since last week.
marketmore cucumbers
DSC_0019.JPG

fortex beans..starting to climb
DSC_0020.JPG

diplomat melons..
DSC_0026.JPG

tomatoes have shot up and now have flowers..
DSC_0022.JPG

peppers....
DSC_0024.JPG

even have a bell pepper.
DSC_0023.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks so strong and healthy. The pole beans, how tall and what kind of poles are you using? Wow, what a garden!

trying out fortex pole beans this year, from what i have read they grow to about 6' tall which is good since the trills is around the same height.. for years have grown blue lake pole beans and they become a knotted mess on the top .....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/15/16 update....
slept in this morning guess last week caught up with me.... took the girls for their mid morning walk, their chased and treed a squirrel that was entertaining...

decided to assembly the new sprayers<the old ones died>while sitting on the steps on the barn my fox popped out next to the kiwis we looked at each other for a couple seconds off she went... finished putting them together of course the wind picked up, so no spraying inside the gardens today but was able to do the perimeters of the fence lines around all the gardens...

organized things out there,mended the fences, put away all the tools that i have been procrastinating to do.....sunday chores done..

garden time......
cleaned up and dug further out around the muscadines and fertilized them.
DSC_0005.JPG

planted 20 basil
DSC_0001.JPG

had a good laugh the old potato bed area have 2 potato sprouts from 2 years ago....
DSC_0006.JPG

the jersey giant asparagus are definitely on the way out, only picked a couple handfuls this year, so have to sit down sometime and figure where to move the bed and replant....want to do a 3' x 30' bed. plus want to install a covert pipes along the drainage ditch on the left and back fill it that way it's easier to cross.
DSC_0007.JPG

and now for the picture of the day....from my friend @journey11

have a brandy wine tomato.....
DSC_0009.JPG

@seedcorn came by this weekend unannounced.good to see that you yankees are real.. ya all need to work on your tans a bit...
thought seed was taller ..
DSC_0001.JPG

had to pick him up onto the stump to get this shoot, with his short legs he could not make it up
DSC_0002.JPG

seed and i bonding.......
DSC_0006.JPG

that was a great visit.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For all the newbies that thought I was making up all those things about those dang southerners....... Exhibit 1. This weekend, we worry about frost and cold, wet weather, what is @majorcatfish doing? Taunting us....... Evil, I tell you. :)

Unfortunately, the older I get, the more my belly starts to resemble him.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
For all the newbies that thought I was making up all those things about those dang southerners....... Exhibit 1. This weekend, we worry about frost and cold, wet weather, what is @majorcatfish doing? Taunting us....... Evil, I tell you. :)

Unfortunately, the older I get, the more my belly starts to resemble him.....

at least we are two jolly old souls .....:lol: