majors 2016 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
8/7/16 update
well not much of a update just wondered around hoping to get a shoot of the 2 orphan fawns, of course as soon as i brought the camera out they stayed in the tree line.
anyway picked the very last of the mators yesterday got 4 gallons worth. pulled everyone up, those plants had some serious root systems.
round up the area going to plant the acorn squash next weekend. going to conover for a week again..grrrrrr
DSC_0003.JPG

liked the cherry mators but they make a mess when pulling them.
DSC_0013.JPG

the highlander peppers..
DSC_0007.JPG

the corn.... told the dw that we are going to plant way more corn next year
DSC_0006.JPG

round 2 of corn in the raised beds will be ready for picking sometime midweek and the seconds on round 1 will be ready as well. they need to fill out a bit more..
asked the dw to make sure that she only pick the ones that have filled out and once i get back will pick the rest next weekend.
DSC_0010.JPG

last night we got .05" of rain so had to mow the grass wet this morning, they are calling for heavy rain starting around 3 pm yard looks like hell but it had to be done

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Scrolled back some trying to find it... What variety of sweet corn did you plant? Seems like it came on pretty quickly, dtm, but I'm not the one standing over it drooling every day. ;)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
looked back planted june 5th so thats about 63 days, sure what they say 75 day corn is just a average dtm

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, Happy belated Anniversary. I loved your story/day of what you did on your special day. Seems like that's what long term couples do. It's a good excuse to buy something for yourself. ;)

Mary

Latest posts