majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden is a wonderland! Would your sweet wife share her sauce recipe?
And your suspicions about @seedcorn are well founded. I saw him skulking around your melon patch in his garden ninja outfit when I was planting eggplants in your peppers, KOFF! when I was doing some research....

the crock sauce recipe is... tomatoes salt pepper, fresh italian herbs<basil,thyme,rosemary> sweet onion/green onions and garlic.
set on low, till your happy with the consistency and flavor..
hot water bath... add 2 tbs of white or apple vinegar..
pressure canning.. no need to add anything..
freezing no need to add anything just use once thawed..

per dw add everything to your taste......

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
In one of your first pictures of tomatoes there are some yellow leaves in the top right hand corner. Is that blight? Some of my leaves look like that.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
noticed that i did not really show the russians beauties....
IMG_2029.JPG

and 1 pland i have not shown is the birdhouse gourd from @HomesteaderWife ...
IMG_2023.JPG

she was right they do like to roam.. so far 15' in each direction...
IMG_2025.JPG

thats a pisser some of the phoenix mators has blossom rot, knock on wood their the only ones as far..
IMG_2027.JPG

well 1 mystery solved kind of? looked at all my seedling photos the highlanders had only 1 plant per pot. still how did it get there...?
IMG_2019.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a Federal Standard of Identity for anything called mayonnaise. They all (remembering my 40 yr old MS food science details) are a min of 65% oil and then there is a mandatory and voluntary list of remaining ingredients. Maybe Dukes uses more oil than Hellmans (which is only east coast - its Best Foods on the west coast).

btw: Salad dressing (miracle whip style) has a minimum of 35% oil in the Fed std of Identity.
Is it Dukes or Hellman's that is only East coast? We have Hellmann's here in IA, My husbands go to Mayo. (He will not eat anything else!)

Latest posts