majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
7/2/18 harvest....
took today and tomorrow off from work..<need to recharge mental batteries>... pulled the sickly yorker and sprayed all mator plants...
also one of the watermelons got bit, so pulled all the vines out to see who was attached lost 3 melons possibly a 4th, also pulled the carrots for the dogs..
IMG_2031.JPG

love the weird ones..
IMG_2032.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
that snot that you refer to is where a lot of the umami flavor comes from...

this is what we like about them....the bad thing so far about the monsters we are getting this year is the core.
still tasty in a blt

IMG_2040.JPG

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw asked for some shade for her while canning, which will begin in the next week or so... the meds she is on for her diabetes the sun/heat messes her up. the only thing needed is a good chair and a fan and she will be set.....
IMG_2043[1].JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw asked for some shade for her while canning, which will begin in the next week or so... the meds she is on for her diabetes the sun/heat messes her up. the only thing needed is a good chair and a fan and she will be set.....
View attachment 27190
You are too kind…...I can on the stove in the house under the AC. I can see the advantage of canning outside, not heating p the house.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are too kind…...I can on the stove in the house under the AC. I can see the advantage of canning outside, not heating p the house.

that's one huge reason i love freezer jam. no cooking...

oven canning is much less heat than BWB, but that is best done for low pressure or pickled type things. pressure cooker canning is a whole different story - not done that here. we don't do meats or non-acid things (i freeze those sorts of things instead).

Latest posts