majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this mornings harvest.....
IMG_2051[1].JPG

the first @thistlebloom watermelon.sweet could have gone longer but with the vine dead. tossed the smaller one not even close...
IMG_2052[1].JPG

dw picked the last of the peas this morning enough for a couple spoons each for dinner...
IMG_2054.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
now i know why the street light looked so dim, the only reason i noticed was during a middle of the night wake up call, usually the bathroom is well lit from it. forgot all about till i was watering this morning and looked up at the pole...well how about that duke power come out in the last 2 weeks and changed it out to a led street light...
IMG_2049[1].JPG

going to miss that metal halide one it lit up the majority of the property and the road....wonder if the evil next door neighbors called..?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure wish I was there to have a slice of that melon. Looks good! Certainly never got that size for me. Maybe I should try again with black plastic mulch to heat things up.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was wondering if the round small watermelon have any flavor. Because I am 1 person I buy them instead of full size, no matter how red very bland tasting. I watched a video on picking rip watermelon at market. It said look for the stop +fruit touch earth the yellower the better. How do you pick rip melon ?