majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
knowing the adjuster was going to show between 9-10 took the girls for their walk looked at the birdhouse gourds think i will be picking them sometime this weekend most of all the stems are showing brown. have 22 full size gourds and a couple smaller ones...
IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

while waiting on him pulled all the corn, can start thinking about fall gardening.
IMG_2527.JPG

dw came out told he was going to be late,pulled weeds noticed that there was some gumball suckers coming up got the shovel and pick. well no wonder nothing grew in the far bed had roots growing in them, of course the adjuster showed up. so after he left put a crappy chain on the saw did a quicky sharpening and cut out the roots.
IMG_2523.JPG

still have to trace out where that root goes inside the bed....
IMG_2524.JPG

got my money's worth out of that shovel.
IMG_2525.JPG

i'm done outside for the day it's 93* with a heat index of 106*......just so you know white sugar does melt...

dont know about you but for me it's
beer 30.jpg

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
today was a lollygag day gourds are still hanging. mowed the property..
fired up the smoker did a couple racks of ribs, dw did a pot of orca beans ...tic toc waiting on the ribs... just a wee over but i'm trying a new recipe
IMG_2537[1].JPG

in the mean time dw picked down the banana and highlander peppers and made 29 pints of @journey11 relish this is to die for goes on everything...
IMG_2536[1].JPG

Latest posts