majors 2018 garden..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
How does the copper work for you? Does it cut the mildew by say half? How often do you have to spray?

Mary

please be aware that copper is a cumulative poison... please study before using such things, ok?

also if you live anyplace that the runoff goes into the ocean copper is also a severe poison to many marine creatures.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
please be aware that copper is a cumulative poison... please study before using such things, ok?

also if you live anyplace that the runoff goes into the ocean copper is also a severe poison to many marine creatures.

That’s why I read the labels, this is not my first rodeo !!!!!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That’s why I read the labels, this is not my first rodeo !!!!!!

reading labels isn't telling you much about what happens when microbes start figuring out how to evade our immune system which uses copper in various ways to defeat them... increasing uses of such compounds is going to continue to select for such organisms which may turn previously harmless bacteria, fungi, etc into new diseases. seriously, when you start messing with selection pressures in the environment you are setting up for some fun times in the future...

just my opinions, but i think they are well founded by many rounds of previous drug/disease selection and resistance patterns...

[edit, just because i'm getting rain stormed on and wide awake i went looking for interesting reads and came across this one:

http://www.jbc.org/content/290/31/18945.full

there's a lot of facinating reading in there... ;) ]

Last edited:

Latest posts