majors 2020 garden....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
WOW!! You had to get out the Chainsaw for that sucker!! I have to do that to the Tree of Paradise at my place. Such satisfaction when it is GONE!! You are like a really Truly farmer, burning your bed like that! :thumbsup
I couldn't do that bc I use wood sides, but concrete works pretty well. Good job.
Btw, I recognize those weeds growing at the bottom of your last picture. They need burning, too.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What about brick pavers between the beds? I agree with the gravel, it will wind up being a mess and a big clean up some day. Put down brick pavers and mortar between them. permanent. Done.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
moved the fence to it's new location....check that off the garden chore list....
IMG_1387.JPG

just need to finish moving that dirt have a couple low spots that need filling plus do a general clean up..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
planted the basil this morning and green and yellow bush beans
IMG_1390.JPG

dug the footings for the block that i'm still waiting for lowes to deliver today, really want to get this project done, and get the artichokes planted.....
IMG_1391.JPG

still waiting on lowes decided to get the torch out and burned around all the fence lines, while waiting tilled the main garden ...
IMG_1389.JPG

mowed the property, finished in a light rain..
oh did i mention that i'm still waiting on lowes to deliver......grrrrrr

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the construction phase is done on the new raised bed area...
IMG_1412.JPG

just waiting on the concrete to set on the ends.
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG

next friday will back fill everywhere, level the soil, make soaker hoses that fit the beds and plant....

Latest posts