majors 2020 garden....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
It might take longer than I thought. Somebody swiped my scooter.

View attachment 34567

I'm wondering if this is considered hijacking a thread. You did invite friends to come work in your garden you know.
you are one of the better hijackers.....:lol::lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that looks super nice! Yeah, why didn't you do this years ago? All this time fighting the wood and now you are done-for good. That looks really, really good.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that looks super nice! Yeah, why didn't you do this years ago? All this time fighting the wood and now you are done-for good. That looks really, really good.
yup all done and yes it does look so much better, did loss some space but in the long run it's going to be more manageable .... sure over time the blocks will settle a wee bit which may require a little removal or adding of soil, but again may leave all those lose areas in the blocks so the 7 lined skinks have a place to live and eat bugs. did notice that one of the beds the wall has a bow in it so will need to tear that out and fix...

walked out there today have about 60 cuft of soil to move, yup i smell another block delivery coming, the old asparagus are slowing down, so this would be a great time to make a new bed since will be needing block to do the pea patch bed area.
plus with the beds smaller can reduce the fence line closer in and finally get that gumball tree taken down, since it sends roots into the beds, which in turn gives me move room along the property line if i ever need to get a large vehicle in.
or build a retaining wall along there so the neighbors does not flood me out every time we get a wicked rain<need to hire an attorney before doing that project>....

Major, that turned out great, Im going that route this fall. I'd like to have all my tomatoes and peppers in block beds. I could see the maintenance side of things going down, not have to amend a big plot and keep it weeded. Good Job!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the kids first day out they sure loved the partly cloudy day..couple of them sure jumped!!!!!!
<artichokes>
IMG_1209[1].JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
started some luttuce,bok choi,peppers and some spring greens <blue pots> this morning..
IMG_1222.JPG

the artichokes are going fine being out now.... few more weeks and they will be ready to go into the ground..
IMG_1218.JPG

decided to take the weekend off form any gardening chores and just lollygag.....

Last edited:

Latest posts