majors epic cross country road trip....

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Safe travels major see you soon. When I was learning to drive my dad shared some deep wisdom with me, and now I will share it with you. “Keep it between the ditches, and keep the rubber side down lol.”
My dad taught us 4 kids to drive ... his admonition was " always drive in a safe manner because , as you well know , all of the other drivers are driving like complete idiots ". :) ... I do beleive that Hoodat would say so too > :old

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
drove though 5 states and 10 hrs later finally made it to my first stop urbana iL had a wonderful visit and dinner with @ducks4you and hubby.<she has the photos> wish we could have talked longer but my butt was dragging...

was interesting to see the changes along the way from the mountains of Virginia and west Virginia to the plains of Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois. being my longest drive of the trip really had no time to stop...
stayed a the ramada they are redmodeling woke a few times during the night, think i was the only one staying here.
IMG_0408[1].JPG

looking forward to visit miss carol tomorrow....

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
day 3....
not much to report but you can cover some mileage in a hurry in south Dakota....
IMG_0435.JPG

for you all who are counting only 1100 miles to the nw gathering
IMG_0442[1].JPG

had dinner at al's oasis had their buffalo burger, not bad was still hungry so ordered a slice of apple pie to go
IMG_0441[2].JPG
IMG_0443[1].JPG

next stop billings Montana

Latest posts