majors gardens 2021

Major, the new light showed up friday afternoon, and i slapped in the bottom shelve of the grow rack. It has 8 rows of Led's in it on 2 switches so you can run 4 lights, or all 8. It is very, very bright not so much a multicolor light, but more of a pure white light. The lamp does generate a small amount of heat, but its not overwhelming. I've found during the day, my heater doesn't run hardly any at all, the light keeps the rack around 78 degrees. So far i'm liking it and plan to get another for the top rack. I'll move the red/blue spectrum light into my greenhouse, i think the more mature plants would benefit from it more.

IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3398.jpg
IMG_3401.jpg

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well I've tossed my hat in and finally started some lettuces
red/green butterhead and spring mix
IMG_1896[1].JPG
at the moment using my bbq probe to calibrate my old fashion spring thermometer...

going to some work in the beds shortly figure have a couple weeks till planting... still working on when i want to start my mator,peppers and everything else this year...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
come home this afternoon.. well looky there the spring mix is up. they will look much better tomorrow once getting some light.
once they are more establish will transfer them outside to one of the beds and make a cold frame for them, while out there will plant some more under the cold frame... nothing like fresh lettuce.....
guess it's time to get my butt in gear and start working on the beds....
IMG_1900[1].JPG

yesterday my 6" fan arrived, it's the same type that i had during my hospital stay last year.. figure since it was approved for hospital use it has to be good, plus being 3 prong it's allowed in a industrial setting ..osha rule...
so now have to figure how best to mount it for later down the road..
IMG_1898.JPG

tic toc...time to get the green thumb going

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
had a couple minute's before going to the doctors, so took the girls for a walk, how about that mister toad survived the endless rain and cold we have had. he was enjoying the afternoon sun, sure he is hungry after a winters nap
IMG_1915[1].JPG

Latest posts