mans best spoiled princess

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Poodles and their mixes, my last litter was a Cavapoo. Mom was a Cavalier dad was a poodle. Frist time I did a breedinglike that. Litter was a big sucess I have 2 of the puppies comig in for groomig this week.
Pure breds often have a lot of health issues. Do these designer mixes get rid of those problems with 1 generation? We used to call them mutts. Haha

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cavalier has more health problems then any other breed. Hopefully by doing mix you skip a lot of health problems time will tell. They have a poodle coat, Very few have any cavalier look to them. Cat I grew up calling them mutts too, I get the same amount for cavapoo that I do for pure bred Cavalier. Have a long waiting list of clients that want one.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
As for inherited health problems , it's not as simple as one may think ... The so called designer dogs ie. MUTTS or MONGRELS may or may not get rid of the inherited genetic health issues, it's a 50 - 50 % issue OR which gene is dominant or which gene allows the trait to be expressed or depressed for EACH GENE depending on what genes or combination of genes ( there are hundreds ) each individual pup inherits. It can inherit the genetic health issues from the father or mother or from both or from neither . So with the luck of the draw, it could double up the inherited health issues of BOTH or NONE too ... two for the price of one. The individual mongrel may have more than 2 breeds or 3, or 4, or ? breeds in it's genetic makeup. :th I have necropsied hundreds of dogs, both purebreds as well as mongrels and I have seen just as many inherited health issues, if not more , in the mongrels. :idunno I will take the purebred over the mongrel every time as I know what inherited health issues that I could expect versus the possible doubling up of both issues from 2 or more breeds, not to mention knowing what temperament and body conformation the mongrel may have inherited ... a total crap shoot ! :caf

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after my autumn passed slowly started looking around for another dog, was lucky to find the caswell county animal shelter somebody just dropped 5 female labs.
she may not be pure but look at this face......
baby ava.jpg

out of the 5 she was the only one who stayed next to me, hope the other 4 have great homes now.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like your little princess. I like the adult version as well. My lab is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever had.

I still don't think she belongs on your bed -- of course, this is from someone who currently has an outside cat (that she doesn't own) vegging out on my bed right now.
Not my cat.JPG

Not my cat! This is Belle. She belongs to my oldest granddaughter even though she's been visiting here for nearly 13 years. I keep pretty close watch on the time she gets inside since she is not litter trained. That means she is an outside cat by default.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love your dog pix @majorcatfish ! I could read the text on my cell phone while I was at new house working on floor, but couldn't see pix. I had to go find your thread so I could see the pix. :love