March came ROARING IN today

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We had 3 nice hours this morning before the winds picked up, then the rain and now it's getting colder and windier by the minute. Here's hoping for short sleeves and sunshine in about 4 weeks.
So, how to do YOU like your March better?
In like a Lion, out like a Lamb?
(that's me)
...OR...
In like a Lamb and out like a Lion?
:hu

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far a lamb. It supposed to rain this weekend but so far our rainstorms having been very light. I think the whole El Nino was overrated.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was warm and sunny and wonderful Sunday and yesterday, while I was crouched over the commode throwing up, but today when I feel better, it is cold and windy following the morning rain. However, the cold is supposed to be short lived, and will be back in the 50's and 60's by this weekend.
You know, it's the wind I can't handle. Even a warm wind drives me nuts. Blows my hair around. Wind in my ears, blowing through my brain. (sounds like lyrics of a Paul Simon song, haha)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Roaring outside right now, supposed to get snow tonight...but it was in the 60s today and really pretty. I was driving with windows down, it was that nice.

I like mine like a lion coming in...it adds zest to life to have this wild weather. :D

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like in like a lion. We had sort of a whimpering "wintry mix" today. Mostly rain, but it was trying to snow on my way into town. Rained heavy tonight but supposed to have some sunshine tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A sprinkle of snow, turning immediately into sprinkles of rain, was how yesterday's weather began.

Much of the day, it didn't rain, however. Evening brought more rain and wind gusts above 25mph.

I was curious to read the reports to see how much rain fell, Thistle'. It was 1/3". Yay! I suspect that contribution to the local mountain snowpack has kept it real close to 100% of normal. These maps should lift the hearts of everyone: http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snow/snow_map.html

How did March come in here, lion or lamb? A third of an inch of rain wasn't very dramatic. We can benefit and I guess you will have to decide, lamb or lion :).

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
March came to Wisconsin bring half a foot of snow along with its howling and roaring. I am still anticipating an early spring so "out like a lamb" will be just fine with me, thank you.