Marion Berry vines

pebbles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hope you all can help. Just receivedsome Marion Berry vines. I am in NW Arizona. High nintie degrees in summers high twenties in winter. Any advise as to where to plant. Full sun? or because of our heat should I find a shadier location? I usually plant in a mix of mulches and planting soil, that that sound OK? From what I read I think I will keep them very moist. Any advice?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never grown any type of blackberry, Pebbles. Where I lived in southern Oregon & on the northern California coast - they grew rampantly on their own! The upper pasture in Oregon required aggressive removal techniques, involving a tractor and chain.

Want to look at an interesting family tree? Marionberry, Wikipedia (click)

It was developed by OSU and named for Marion County if Wikipedia can be believed on that and the other things. Marion County is south of Portland in the Willamette Valley. Obviously, NW Arizona is in neither the Pacific NW nor the Willamette Valley. It might be quite cold and dry for the vines. Still, if I had them, I'd try to duplicate the climate that they would have "back home."

I don't know if any of this was any value, at all. But, it reminds me of the Oregon Duck that walked into a pharmacy asking for Chapstick. The cashier says, "Cash or plastic?" and the duck says, "Just put it on my bill."

Steve

:hide

pebbles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I was sort of thinking along those same lines. Thanks for helping me make up my mind :- )

Latest posts