Massacre in Chicken Coop

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
interesting using pan traps for coons...
still prefer live traps. you have the opinion of taking them for a drive, drowning them or a 22 .

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
MeggsyGardenGirl said:
MontyJ said:
The most effective method I have is called "the pan". It's also the most dangerous and scary method I know. I haven't used it in years because it is so scary. It is very effective though and kills nearly instantly. In fact, I have never found a 'coon more than 10 feet from "the pan", and find most with their faces still in it.
Oh don't keep us in suspense! What the heck is "the pan?" Some kind of diabolical electrified feeding pan?
I won't share the secret of "the pan" in an open forum. As Ridge said, it does not discriminate. It will kill Raccoons, opossums, skunks, coyotes, dogs, children and adults. It will not kill rabbits, deer, cats or squirrels. If you really want to know, PM me...sorry.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
And here I was thinking Im more ruthless than you. I may rethink that position.
You have no idea...well, maybe now you do.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. That's just horrible.

I'm familiar with the pan and I'm impressed it even came up in discussion. I've personally never used it.

Ridge is right though don't give them any place at the end where they can work on exploiting a weakness.

They are very intelligent and will keep coming back to test for weaknesses. That coon didn't get lucky NY, he as there and kept working the edges till he found one spot where he could get in.

Latest posts