Meet Pearl, New Horse

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had those kind before. I had to give up on two geldings, they were ok on the ground but dangerous demons to ride. I sold them with full disclosure to some cowboys that thought I was "female" and didn't know what I was doing. They sure regretted their purchase, but I told them. snicker, snicker.

I have a mare that was badly abused, it took much patience and time to gain even a tiny bit of trust. She is 31 years old and still shies away. It took 12 years before she asked for attention. She moves away from me, but will come to me if I have a brush in my hand LOL. I know the issues I can deal with and I also know when to cut my losses and move on. I am looking forward to getting to know this little mare. And thanks for the "hearts".
A joke from another thread regarding a few of us old ladies fighting over him because he is such a kind human . There are a few roadblocks, one being my husband.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay this is a happy story! Congratulations on a new "heart" horse! Another horse with a bright safe future, I love it. :hugs

Pearl is a great name for her, and with all the attention you will shower her with she is going to glow.
I'm so excited for you!

Our husbands could be brothers...we joke about how mine "made" me get Syringa. We are pretty spoiled, don't you think? Haha ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Meet Pearl, New Horse

... a strawberry roan TW mare named Jane...

I'm beginning to feel some kind of family relationship to the Tennessee Walkers!

Here is my Pearl Jane, on the 90th anniversary of her birth:

Pearl Jane2.jpg

November 20, 1982

Steve :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
OH! The excitement!
I'm SOO happy for her and for you. :love:love

(You know, her coat pattern will likely change quite a bit over the next year. Take LOTS of pictures)

Latest posts