Meet Pearl, New Horse

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
With any new horse purchase , I always have a complete Veterinary health and soundness exam including a complete fecal , teeth, reproductive tract exam. and hoof/ leg exam. Also, I always vaccinate for all of the recommended baddies for my area as many sellers eather not know when the last vaccination was or lie about it being given. Often , surprising issues arise from these exams that can be addressed or the horse is returned to the seller as unsound / unservisable. :old

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay this is a happy story! Congratulations on a new "heart" horse! Another horse with a bright safe future, I love it. :hugs

Pearl is a great name for her, and with all the attention you will shower her with she is going to glow.
I'm so excited for you!

Our husbands could be brothers...we joke about how mine "made" me get Syringa. We are pretty spoiled, don't you think? Haha ;)
Years ago when I had an old unridable horse I went to a stable to ride and I found the best push button horse I had ever ridden. When Christmas came along my husband was trying to buy him for me as a surprise. The owner spends his winters in Florida and my husband was unable to contact him. So he never bought him and didn't even tell me he was trying until long after. That would have been my best Christmas present ever. He still got credit for thee thought! Truth be told he was just a bit too much horse for me.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters she is 12 years old I don’t think I’ll see a big change, but she could roan out as she grows older.

@Nyboy she is not scared or overly friendly. She is still figuring things out. She stepped right up in the trailer with no problem.

Pearl ate all the hay we gave her, so I gave her a couple more flakes. I touched her lips with a mineral block, she started licking it. I put it in a tub and she licked it for the longest time. Her white face shows up in the window, then disappears while she gets more hay. Then white face in the window, disappears, white face, gone again...... It is gratifying to see her eat!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters she is 12 years old I don’t think I’ll see a big change, but she could roan out as she grows older.

@Nyboy she is not scared or overly friendly. She is still figuring things out. She stepped right up in the trailer with no problem.

Pearl ate all the hay we gave her, so I gave her a couple more flakes. I touched her lips with a mineral block, she started licking it. I put it in a tub and she licked it for the longest time. Her white face shows up in the window, then disappears while she gets more hay. Then white face in the window, disappears, white face, gone again...... It is gratifying to see her eat!
I would be careful about feeding her too much too fast. And worm her soon.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave her 2 cups of pellets. Not one morsel escaped her. I m going to wait a couple of days to worm her.

1400F596-BA1D-4375-B966-C556C6049935.jpeg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet she will look like a different horse when you get her fattened up a bit, nice sleek coat and happy countenance.
Does any one remember the "Poor Pitiful Pearl" dolls from the 50s? I received one for Christmas when I was about 6, I think. They were flip dolls, with long dresses. One doll was pitiful looking, drab and ragged. The other "end" was lovely, curly blond hair and fancy dress. I have no idea what the moral of that doll was. I think I identified more with the poor end.
Anyway, your Pearl brought that memory up. She will be poor and pitiful no longer.

Latest posts