Meet Pearl, New Horse

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 i didn't see a question...

@baymule hope she's a keeper. i hate to see a horse that skinny. i worry that she's been so abused she might have too many issues. *hearts to both of you*
I've had those kind before. I had to give up on two geldings, they were ok on the ground but dangerous demons to ride. I sold them with full disclosure to some cowboys that thought I was "female" and didn't know what I was doing. They sure regretted their purchase, but I told them. snicker, snicker.

I have a mare that was badly abused, it took much patience and time to gain even a tiny bit of trust. She is 31 years old and still shies away. It took 12 years before she asked for attention. She moves away from me, but will come to me if I have a brush in my hand LOL. I know the issues I can deal with and I also know when to cut my losses and move on. I am looking forward to getting to know this little mare. And thanks for the "hearts".

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
OHMYGOSH!!! SHE IS (going to be) GEORGOUS!!!
One of my favorite horses when I was a kid was a strawberry roan TW mare named Jane. She had never had any training to bring out that famous gate, but every now and then we'd both get it just right and it was MAGIC.
:love:love:love:love
I can't WAIT to hear and see how she comes along.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do they naturally walk with high step or need to be trained ? If it is training can any horse be trained to walk that way. In my mind I always thought them the Southern aristocrat horse, kind of gone with the wind horse

pon521

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow, what an amazing horse! She is really pretty but definitely too skinny. You really need to take care of her! But for sure you will have fun!