Michigan

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
NovaAman said:
Weird is an understatement.

I am waiting for my state return. I am going to buy all my starter soil and start my early seeds. I want some fresh toms so bad! I know, can between at the store, but I want mine! Lol

We are supposed to get 3-5 inches here tonight...
Up here we are not suppose to get anything in the next few days......but of course we still have snow on the gound. But then it is Feb....and we had a snow storm in May 2010 which I took pictures of just to remind me never to start to early of a planting :watering

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NovaAman said:
Weird is an understatement.

I am waiting for my state return. I am going to buy all my starter soil and start my early seeds. I want some fresh toms so bad! I know, can between at the store, but I want mine! Lol

We are supposed to get 3-5 inches here tonight...
I want fresh toms, too. I'm planting mine in the basement under lights on Mar 1. For up here that's about a month early since really, the last frost tends to be at the end of May. But I've got some "walls of water" that I haven't used in years so assuming I can work the ground in April, I'm going to try setting a few outside. Of course, if the overly wet and mediocre spring we had last year happens this year, all bets are off.

Looks like I'm sitting at the top fringe of your snow storm, 1-2 inches predicted at most. Long term forecast shows us getting 4-6 next Tuesday night through Wed night, though. :rolleyes:

M.sue

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good Morning Michiganders........Glad to see some familiar names & faces. The season is just around the corner once all this snow melts that we are suppose to be getting. Not a lot here right now but kids got a snow day!! My DH is gonna start his heirloom tomatoes also in the basement. He does every year and always plants way way too many. We always have tomatoes coming out of our ears!

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
SNOW is coming down...I thought we weren't getting any??????Guess I thought wrong:( I've never started tomatoes from seed. Only other veggies. Maybe I'll go ahead and try this year. I just want warm soil and lots of sunshine. My garden was suppose to be smaller this year, but I think its expanding. I overdid when I ordered my seeds. I love winter squash and there is just so many different kinds I couldn't decide. Then I thought my 2 year old grandson would like to have a couple ghost pumpkins (white). I'm gunna need lots of room.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HA! I was supposed to be at the northern fringe of this snow storm, but it looks like it moved north!

surprisesnowstormsmall.jpg

Guess I'll be shoveling the deck and stairs later today.

I'm waving from under that dot on the map! :frow:frow

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dascountry said:
My garden was suppose to be smaller this year, but I think its expanding. I overdid when I ordered my seeds. I love winter squash and there is just so many different kinds I couldn't decide. Then I thought my 2 year old grandson would like to have a couple ghost pumpkins (white). I'm gunna need lots of room.
I hadn't planted tomatoes from seed in years, and I thought I'd been downsizing, too. Then I went and ordered from TWO seed companies. I'd better get my act in gear soon!

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Swapducks are you located over by Alpena? I'm Here in Hawks and Alpena is where I do most of my shopping. The SNOW is still coming down here. When will it ever stop???? June maybe????NOOOOOOOO! Carefull everyone out there on those roads today.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dascountry said:
Swapducks are you located over by Alpena? I'm Here in Hawks and Alpena is where I do most of my shopping. The SNOW is still coming down here. When will it ever stop???? June maybe????NOOOOOOOO! Carefull everyone out there on those roads today.
I do most of my shopping in Alpena, too. I am about 35 miles SSW of Alpena between Lincoln and Glennie. It's a much finer snow now, but since I measured at 7 inches, looks like we got another 3/4 to an inch. *sigh*

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well then we're almost neighbors...I'm 43 miles NNW of Alpena :D The snow is still coming down. Guess Mother Nature is making up for the lack of snow for the season.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dascountry said:
Well then we're almost neighbors...I'm 43 miles NNW of Alpena :D The snow is still coming down. Guess Mother Nature is making up for the lack of snow for the season.
Yeah, and does your forecast for next week say the same as mine? starting Tuesday afternoon through Wed, another 5-7 inches?

Latest posts