Michigan

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've been checking on the wall o waters...I always did wonder what those were when I'd seen them gardens. I take it they work quite well for you? Do you keep them on for just so long and then cage your plants or cage then put them on??? Fill me in if you will please, because they sound like they would work pretty good for my needs. Thanks

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dascountry said:
I've been checking on the wall o waters...I always did wonder what those were when I'd seen them gardens. I take it they work quite well for you? Do you keep them on for just so long and then cage your plants or cage then put them on??? Fill me in if you will please, because they sound like they would work pretty good for my needs. Thanks
You keep them on till all chance of frost is past and the night temps are warm enough that things like tomatoes don't suffer. Generally they have to come off eventually as the plants get too big and you have to put in tomato cages.

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good morning! I'll have to try and get some of those, thanks Swampducks for the info.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good morning. I awoke to a lovely day, its already 36 degrees, they're talking about hitting 45 today! :woot

So I checking the forecast I notice one of those little triangles with the info "i" inside. I check it out, and WHAT!?

Hazardous weather...

* heavy snow will spread into the area late this afternoon and
this evening. Precipitation could begin as rain or a mix of
rain and snow near Lake Michigan and Lake Huron... but will
quickly change over to snow this evening. Lighter snow will
continue through the day Saturday.

* Snowfall amounts will range from 8 to 14 inches by Saturday
morning... with a few more inches of fluffy snow on Saturday.

* Increasing winds from the east and northeast this
afternoon... swinging around to the north and northwest by
Saturday morning. Wind gusts over 30 mph are possible... which
will result in blowing and drifting snow. Near blizzard
conditions are expected in exposed areas.

where the heck did this come from?!!! :th

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's 33 here right now and we are forcast to get anywhere from 8-15 inches by Saturday evening :( When will it end? Someone needs to update Mother Natures calander and let her know its now March!

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dascountry said:
It's 33 here right now and we are forcast to get anywhere from 8-15 inches by Saturday evening :( When will it end? Someone needs to update Mother Natures calander and let her know its now March!
I've actually toyed with the idea that the seasons are shifting. Last year it was cold and overly wet into late May, then turned hot fast. This year with winter not really showing up till mid January, it only makes sense March is now our February.

Nevertheless I am pretending all is normal and planting my seeds on schedule!

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I keep digging my seeds out and looking at them and wondering when to start them :tools I do want to get some wall o waters also. Thanks for informing me what they are. Do you know if Walmart would have them or only online?

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dascountry said:
I keep digging my seeds out and looking at them and wondering when to start them :tools I do want to get some wall o waters also. Thanks for informing me what they are. Do you know if Walmart would have them or only online?
Sorry for the delay but I lost power for 15.3 hours. "Cap'n I got no power!"

I've never seen them at wally world, I think I got them at Gurney's many years ago, just look for the cheapest reliable source. :/

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING CAMPERS! :D It's a beautiful, mostly cloudy day out there. A crisp 14.3 degrees, kind of scary because 20 seconds ago it was 15, Supposed to be going up to a high of 27 today. My low was 13.4, taken on the north side of the chicken coop. Coop temperature is 25.3 degrees which means they haven't yet destroyed the new heat lamp I just put inside last night.

Toying with the idea of planting my tomatoes, but no rush as they aren't going outside till mid May and that is still early. SO

WAKE UP! :rolleyes:

Grammi

Sprout
Reaction score
Ok Ok I am awake, have been for a while. It is so beautiful outside, it is almost, and mind you I said ALMOST, worth the beauty to have the snow!! We spent the day cleaning out driveways for friends. And now DH is watching the race, and I am on early. Hope you had a great weekend, and are ready for Monday!! :rainbow-sun

Latest posts