Michigan

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my 2 watermelon plants are still little, apparently I don't have something that they need. Something is eating the leaves off my pumpkins, and still none of them have any fruit at all. no toms are even thinking about ripening, I do have some small zukes though and tiny cukes. and the beans are tasty. but that's about it.

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:( Sorry to hear your garden isn't producing so well Swampducks. Maybe if you get some of the rain that is forcast for the next two days it'll help. Sure couldn't hurt. Mine really needs it. I went out right before dark last night and was horrified to see grey bugs all over a pumpkin. :barnie I started smashing them (and I don't care at all for anything that crawls around on the ground except for babies). I ran into the garden shed and got some seven spray and started spraying away. Even though when its 80 or above you are not suppose to. Could burn and kill the plants I guess. I figured if they were gunna die I was gunna be the one to kill the plant. But they all looked good this evening. :weee

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Have a light rain happening for about the last 30-40 minutes, almost done, the huge part of the storm stayed to the north. Just enough rain to make things humid again I guess. *sigh*

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I think we got most of that rain yesterday that you said hit north, Swampducks. It also misted off and on all morning today. Our pig area outside and in the barn flooded with about and inch and a half on the cement. Came right in threw the door that the pigs use. Never happened before???? Garden looks really nice today :)

fair weather chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
dascountry, glad to hear you got rain. we have gotten several rains and the grass looks like it might need to be cut.had sweet corn last night, sooooo good. butchered chickens today. there were 8 meaties and 13 old layers were for a friend. and 17 for our csa customers. would have had more but those darn raccoons.

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:drool sweet corn......can't wait for some. At least the grass doesn't crunch to loud here now, but I don't see mowing it in its near future. I'm thinking about butchering a few roos here soon to. While its somewhat cool out yet. Do you take the skin off or did you pluck the feathers?

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
While I was downstate with my GFs DH said we got a 4 hour soaker. There were actual puddles when I got home the next day. But it all just soaked in and the stream is still dry as is the swamp and I will have to water the garden yet again.

I did pick my first pickling cuke today, another yellow zuke and the 2nd green one, DH picked the first while I was gone. I've finally gotten some ripening tomatoes, the yellow tumbling tom and finally have ONE pumpkin fruit about the size of my thumb nail.

fair weather chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
swampducks glad to hear you finally got some rain. ds mowed the yard today, finally needed it. has been spotty but looks and smells wonderful. hope you get a couple of more days of rain. :rainbow-sun

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Suppose to get some rain here tonight and tomorrow :celebrate Hope them weather forcasters are right. I was gunna say "right for once" but didn't want to get anyone upset. Oops just said it didn't I? :hide
When did you get the rain Swamp?

Latest posts