Mom Fell, Sugery, Hospital and Nursing Home

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Poor Bay! At least you sound like you're keeping your spirits up. Here's to hoping things improve for you soon.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well we made it through night #1. She gets up all night to go to the bathroom. I slept in the recliner in her room. She just needs good 'ol home cooking, exercise and rest to gain her strength back. She is still in pain in her back, weak from the hydrocodone and not eating and just......old. She has always been a tiny little thing, frail and fragile like a flower. Next to her, I feel like a strapping Amazon. :lol: My daughter is built just like her and pictures of my mom when she was young, looks like my daughter now.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. My DH will stay with her tomorrow morning so I can go to church. He is off Sunday and Monday. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can get out in the garden a little while. I put a shallow black tub in the chicken run and I keep it filled with water. They drink it and wade around in it to cool off. I have sadly neglected my girls this week-yesterday evening the tub was dry (they have a water bucket in the coop) and one poor hen was laid out in the tub, trying to cool off. I felt so bad, then when I filled the tub, they all gathered around, drinking and wading in it like kids in a swimming pool. Sigh. And they reward me daily with eggs, whether I deserve them or not. :/

Journey, you can send the horseradish anytime. Winters here are mild and I can plant it when I get it. Is it best to plant in a tub? How long do the roots get?

Home health care will start over on Monday, I am going to ask about a sitter to give me a chance to go to the store or run errands. If nothing else, I can leave when they are here to do her physical therapy or baths.

She has had the same Dr for over 20 years. He is wonderful to her and he came to ER just to check on her and make sure she was admitted overnight. I have his cell number--unheard of these days, because he wants to know when she needs help. I honor his privacy and rarely use it, letting the hospital contact him.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Home health care has been a great help. The bath aid has given Mom a shower, put on a clean gown, I changed her bed sheets and she got tucked in all nice and clean. The bath aid will come 3 times a week. When Mom moved in, we had the existing shower ripped out and put a new tiled one back in. It has grab bars everywhere, a hand held shower sprayer and a shower chair in it for her safety. Physical therapy started yesterday. She did real good and he will come twice a week.

A couple of friends from church came over yesterday and stayed with Mom so I could go to the bank and grocery store. Family is great, but having a church family is like having all your uncles, aunts, 1st,2nd and 3rd cousins all in one spot.

It will be a long road to get Mom back to where she was, but good food, rest and therapy should do it. :lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs
Yup, there is nothing quite like that extended 'family'. :D
So glad Mom is coming along so well!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear she is doing better! I know what you mean about church family. Mine was a big blessing to me when our 2nd baby was in NICU.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are going well. The home health aids were such a big help to us, before Mom went into a nursing home. They really gave me peace of mind...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom got dressed for the first time today. She has been dragging around in her night gown, just too much effort to get dressed. I could have stepped in and dressed her, but it needed to be something she did for herself. We have a big umbrella shaped fuschia pink crepe myrtle tree in the front yard with a park bench under it. I pillowed it up real good and between me and the walker, got mom outside to sit on the bench. She really enjoyed it and was able to sit there for about 10 minutes before she came back in. I fixed her a bowl of soup and then she went back to bed to rest.

Latest posts