Mom Fell, Sugery, Hospital and Nursing Home

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad wasted away in the end say that he was not hungry and that everything tasted bad. There are medicines that they can get to make them hungry. I read after he passed that that is a vitamin deficiency . I will try to find it.
baymule said:
journey11 said:
Will she drink Ensure?
I have Boost for her, can get maybe 1 bottle down her a day, sometimes only half and these are little bottles. I beat my head up against the wall, not much seems to work. I tell her if she doesn't eat, then she will wind up back in the hospital then she gets mad at me. Gheesh.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too, Cat.

Talk to her doc about it and see what they'd recommend or prescribe. I know there are herbs that are appetite stimulants too. Depending on what other meds she's on, you couldn't just take anything without checking for possible drug interactions first, so the dr. should be able to advise. She needs to keep her strength up.

Prayers for you both! :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is only taking a sodium pill, because she thinks salt is UN-healthy! She is in a state of decline. I see it, the end is coming. It might take a week, a month, a year or several years. But it will come.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs for you, Bay. You've really been there for her and gotten some precious time to have together. Praying for you both.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom finally made it to church Sunday. She squirmed a little, but made it all the way through the service. Then she was able to go to her favorite restaurant for lunch. When we got home, she was worn out and went to bed for a good nap! But the important thing is that she is now able to get out a little bit. She no longer needs home health care, she met their goals on what she can do for herself. She still has pain and moves from chair to chair to couch, then to bed to lay down for awhile. She has recovered, but she is not where she was before she fell. Still, we'll take what we get, something is always better than nothing. It is all a series of little victories. She went to the beauty shop Friday and got her hair done. Major victory. She sat in a dining chair last night instead of her recliner. Little victory. My goal is to make her life as good as I can make it for as long as I can.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That chair to chair to chair - I do that. LazyBoy to chair in the south window to seat in the pickup. I try to make vertical improvements along the way.

At the garden, I thought about that "technique" the construction guys use. You know, leave the pickup door open all the time they are on the job. Maybe have that head-banger ♪ ♫ or Rush snorting from the radio.

As it is, a milk crate is my best tool out there.

My best wishes on your mom's continuing improvement, Bay'.

Steve

Latest posts