Monsanto in the news

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
New England Journal of Medicine article calls for GMO labels on foods
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/08/new_england_journal_of_medicin.html

These are not quacks but serious medical professionals:
Landrigan is a professor of pediatrics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, and an adjunct professor of environmental health at Harvard University School of Public Health.

Benbrook holds a doctorate in agricultural economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and an undergraduate degree from Harvard University

Medical magazines do serve to educate not just those in the medical profession but all who take the time to read them.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I would like to apologise for my part in anything that might be taken as an argument.
We can get by much better with none of that. I am sorry.

I say this also to you Seedcorn, I had no right to imply less than the best motives on any thing to do with your line of work or what you might post. I'll not do it again.

I'm sorry for my part, please forgive.

Richard

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well said Richard. This is too nice of a forum for squabbles. Yeah, we all don't always agree with one another, but I have to say this is the nicest forum on the net. Sometimes our opposing views come out and we shouldn't let it get out of hand.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like to apologise for my part in anything that might be taken as an argument.
We can get by much better with none of that. I am sorry.

I say this also to you Seedcorn, I had no right to imply less than the best motives on any thing to do with your line of work or what you might post. I'll not do it again.

I'm sorry for my part, please forgive.

Richard
This says a lot about your character. It's sometimes easy to apologize but meaning it is something else. I think very highly of you for this.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think this site is special in several ways. I've met the best people right here.
I agree, whole heartedly, valley ranch. I love this site and the people I meet here -- different backgrounds, different habitats, different viewpoints, different gardening techniques. I learn from each and every member from time to time.

When posts get 'heated' I get stressed with worry that the site might go the way of so many other I've been on in the past. I choose to skip those threads.

I am always pleased at the way members have accepted differences and returned to the wide and diverse family that is TEG.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I agree, whole heartedly, valley ranch. I love this site and the people I meet here -- different backgrounds, different habitats, different viewpoints, different gardening techniques. I learn from each and every member from time to time.

When posts get 'heated' I get stressed with worry that the site might go the way of so many other I've been on in the past. I choose to skip those threads.

I am always pleased at the way members have accepted differences and returned to the wide and diverse family that is TEG.

Different views on different subjects, nothing new here, agreeing to disagree works and let it go, I tend to stay away from threads when the points of view get volatile, in other words keep adding fuel to the fire.
On another forum someone brought up an old thread looking for an answer to a problem they were having. This person got very rude when some I thought, helpful suggestions were made. This person started putting the participants on this thread down, I couldn't help myself, I know I should have sat on my fingers, my bad, but I didn't. I answered with a shame on you for being so rude to people that were just trying to help. Boy did I get jumped on I was likened to one of a flock of ducks (I think it was ducks) sitting on pond when some little duck landed in said pond and got pecked to death. Needless to say I didn't add another comment, this thread soon ran out into the sunset, hopefully never to be seen again.
I hope this person was just having a bad day, if not he or she must be a very unhappy person, so sad.

Because they are anonymous on the internet it seems to bring out the worst in some people, think they can say what ever they want, hurt whoever they want, shame on them.
I love this forum, it's like an extended family, so many friendly and caring people here, I'm glad I joined.
Annette

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
And Richard, I'm glad you joined. Although you have brought up some controversial subjects, I can see that you are living by your convictions, and you do not stick your head in the sand. I admire the work you and your family are doing, and the planet-conscious lifestyle you have chosen.
Most of us get too complacent and think the government and big business are looking out for our interests. We find it easier than thinking otherwise.
It would be nice if there was a way we could be aware of what is happening in the world around us, without letting it make us (me) overly paranoid and anxious.

Latest posts