Monsanto - the planet killer is at it again.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ladyhawk, its like my mom used to say... if someone gives you something you don't want. Just smile, say thanks, and toss it in the trash when you get home. Might actually be a gift to the rest of the world if they take the seed and destroy it right there in their own country like we should have long ago! I'm tired of watching us destroy natureby tampering with perfection... if mother nature wanted us to have 'Round Up' it would have grown on trees!!!!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that Monsanto gave them non-GMO corn? Vegetable seeds are non-GMO. What is the problem?

I get it--some HATE M and will never say anything good about them, it's just this isn't the case here. In fact, it shows a good side of a company that some think does nothing good. Need to find another example.

Failing to notice/acknowledge a good act says volumes about someone.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think you need to read the article again VERY carefully. Go very s-l-o-w-l-y so that you may comprehend the nuances of the human speech pattern. :p

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
60 tons of conventional hybrid corn and vegetable seed

Truth hasn't changed when I went back and re-read. Rest is hyperbole, made up crap by a site that has nothing to offer but pure speculation designed to incite simple minds.

People have the right to believe what they want to even if the reality says different.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
hybrid corn
Hybrid still does not breed true!
That's your beef? hybrid seed in corn???? WOW. NOONE in America uses open pollinated field corn, not even organic farmers.......... This is so surreal.... :lol:

What sweet corn do you use? golden bantam? You critize people who use hybrid sweet corn in their garden?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
it says hybrid vegetable... i assume its more then corn... point being when they run out of seed they will have to BUY more. Its creating a nitch in Haiti for sales... they will not be able to save and continue to thrive off of what they are given.

And why it you are so point blank about conventional hybrid being so wonderful for an 'economy'. Its not that when all this passes in a year or two they'll be able to BUY anything. They were poor to start with and were living off what they could use and use again.

What I want to know if the same restrictions are in place on what they are giving? When you purchase their seeds their patients are in place... is that a legal issue they can control out of this country as well? Are the still going to be protecting their patients in Haiti even if they can't purchase more seed?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
it says hybrid vegetable... i assume its more then corn
1) no it didn't, hybrid corn and vegetable seeds, re-read.
2) As w/people w/agenda's things are assumed, people pronounced guilty w/no facts to back it up.
3) Most vegetables are not hybrids but lines bred for productivity.

Again, understand some hate M, this isn't the point for their case. This is a good thing. A fair minded person would pronounce it as such and go on.

And why it you are so point blank about conventional hybrid being so wonderful
Because I've seen open pollinated corn--it has no stress tolerance, no consistent yield, etc. If the world only grew that, we'd all starve or be in wars over food--should I say lack of food. When the American farmer used open pollinated, average yields were around 50 bu/acre.

Any civilized nation will protect patents--not just in Ag but any industry.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You work awful hard to twist yourself and how you see the world into being right. I'm glad you hold no seats of power in determining anything in this countries fate! :D Have a fabulous evening!