morning grrrrrr

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
im a old school desktop computer person, friday before we tore the desk down looked around for a new desk.holy crap they are proud of them even a smaller one.
so for the time being going to keep this old monster.......
Could you just find a small table? Much cheaper unless you need all those drawers.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
i had a laptop for a while but as soon as i could get a desktop again i did. i don't sit. i need to sprawl. recliner would possibly work, but then i'd have no place for a mouse and i could not turn once in a while to roast a different side.

the laptop had a trackball for the mouse that clipped on the side. it was ok but i really do prefer a mouse i can go from left to right handed.

i also like having a nice big screen and a full sized keyboard.
I'm like you. I prefer the large screen. Plus I usually eat or have a cup of coffee or tea while I'm on it. My husband has an ipad that he uses while lying in bed with me watching t.v.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we ordered a regular ducted range hood <black of course> today will be 10 days till it gets here.so a new 7" hole will have to be made to the outside dw picked out the new sink faucet while there picked up new led lighting for the dining room and kitchen bar area....

we did hear back from the remodelers very good price, going to call them back just a couple gray areas to work out..... but it looks like in about 3 weeks we might be back to normal....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having had a hurricane drop an ancient oak tree on our house and the resulting damage, and having a pipe burst in the ceiling, flood the house and cave in ceilings, I can feel your frustration and pain at having your home all screwed up. But it sure feels good to get it all put back together again. You are almost there.

Mary, I sit in my recliner, laptop in my lap, and have coffee, bowl of cereal or whatever. But most of all I am sitting next to my husband while he watches TV. (I watch TV at the same time I read the forums)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the remodelers will be at the house around 8;30 am nothing like a notice, dw was a little upset but told her if we tell them to hold off a day, it might not get started for a couple weeks..lol
so we spent a couple hours clearing out all the cabinets and part of the pantry, amazing what you find in the cabinets....dw the hoarder...

dw will be running around this morning, going to the bank, paying for the cabinets, picking up primer,paint insulation,tape....

wish he sent the list early in the day and not at 8;30 pm.......grrrrrrrr

Hate you and your wife are having to go through this Major. A friend of mine lives in Marion county close to the coast, he actually had to buy a used camper to live in while he waited on a contractor...any contractor to get to his house. He said the cost of labor went through the roof with all the insurance claims. So much insurance money out there with the hurricanes, not enough contractors. Hope your life gets back to normal soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts