morning grrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
they are out there today doing some more mudding and painting, dw told they need to be finished on monday with all the painting, we our calling the carpet people to arrange the vinyl to be put down next week. and after thats done they can come back and install the lowers /countertops.....

tic toc.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister lives real close to the San Jancinto river. real close. She has gone through enough floods that she is calling her contractor before the water recedes. The last one put 7 feet of water in the house, they were rescued from the 2nd story window. The water washed away the brick, insulation and sheetrock, leaving only the studs on a couple of the downstairs walls. It is beautiful once again, but durned if I would keep living there.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
took the dw out to breakfast and then to the airport,she is going for a week long training class for the vfw.....

so once home scraped and swept the floors and pulled up the plastic, waiting on dd to leave and pick up the girls<they have been boarded while all this was being done> to vacuum carpet and floor...
IMG_2990[1].JPG

thank goodness no more trim every 4' in the kitchen...
IMG_2989[1].JPG

so looking forward to getting the vinyl down...
IMG_2991[1].JPG

once everyone is done dw and i are going to vanish all the cabinets..clear coat..
IMG_2988[1].JPG

after the the plumping gets done and if we have a couple dollars left, we both want to change the dining room to rock tile for walls
828492206164.jpg

give a little italian look to the room..but there are a few more pressing things that need to be done....

Attachments

• IMG_2993[1].JPG
    IMG_2993[1].JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 131

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
once everyone is out here a major dusting washing every dish/pot/pan etc...

of course dw has to pick out all the door handles.......
the one thing i do not like about the cabinets are the shelf clips, they are plastic will need to find some metal ones that fit the holes or will drill them out...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
once everyone is out here a major dusting washing every dish/pot/pan etc...

the one thing i do not like about the cabinets are the shelf clips, they are plastic will need to find some metal ones that fit the holes or will drill them out...

i hate those too. for some of our shelves that have heavy jars on them i put pieces of wood in the corners to give them some extra support. i don't even trust the metal pegs to hold under that kind of weight.

for the book shelves in this room they were metal pegs for the holes in the wood, but the shelves themselves only had a notch in the wood. i ended up finding some washers that were the perfect size and tapped those into the holes so the metal pegs weight was distributed over the size of the washer.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score

I would certainly hope so, some things are above your pay grade.

I replaced every round door knob with the lever type. When you have arthritis those are a lot easier to use. I put that type on my outbuildings where appropriate as I can open them easier when my hand are full. The downside is a dog can learn to open a door with the lever type really easily, especially when it opens inside.

Latest posts