morning grrrrrr

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another huge problem after a hurricane and probably a lot of other disasters are the fly-by-night contractors, especially roofing contractors after hurricanes. They give an estimate to fix the roof, take 1/2 up front to pay for material, and you never see them again. People are so desperate to get their roof fixed and a lot of legitimate contractors are so busy they won't even answer their phone let alone come by to give you an estimate, let alone schedule to fix your roof. People are easy targets.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we are just short of a 5 month ordeal, between flaky remodeler in the beginning and people who dont work on manufactured homes , but yet need the work...

will know how long this will once home... once the walls are fixed/ painted and the upper cabinets are up, then we have to call the carpet company for the vinyl,once thats down we can get them back out here to install the lower cabinets....

i feel the pain of all the people who had damage for Florence and Micheal... roofers are in high demand all over the state, last month we wanted to get a quote on putting a metal roof on the house, the young lady said we can have a person come out and give a quote but we are 2-3 months out....dw said we will wait till spring..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday they ripped out all the upper cabinets, repaired everywhere the sheetrock was cut out.replaced all the receptacles and switches in the kitchen.

today they taped and mudded and put down the first coat of primer. did find a few places that they forgot to remove trim throughout removed them.

otherwise it's moving along nicely..
IMG_2981[1].JPG
IMG_2982[1].JPG
IMG_2983[1].JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after taking the photos did noticed that they did not remove some of the old trim, so took it down... dw asked why i did that...

because we talked about putting up new, and of course the new cabinet and counter top will not match up of were the old trim was left.
we are spending the money let's do it right..
honey if you are reading this sorry if i upset you...xoxoxooxoxo

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
its done....wow they worked hard today
1628_201824606830074_7293479015308111256_n.jpg

oh wait a second thats my other house... dont tell the wife..

heres where we are at as of today...
the uppers are in, they are coming back out tomorrow to do a little more mudding along some seams and apply another coat of paint..
start fixing the belly board underneath...
fix a couple more outlets...
they did break a globe around a light..thank god now i can replace that crap fixture without any whining.....
IMG_2986[1].JPG

heres the counter tops really like the color
IMG_2985[1].JPG

so hopefully by friday they will be at a stand still till we get the vinyl down and then they can come back in and set the lower cabinets...

tic toc..the ball is rolling...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
as much as i like natural materials i think your kitchen is nicer with the bright yellow... and i think it is sweet that you still call her honey. :)