morning grrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
and the sogga just keeps going, dw called me this morning .....the fridge died not real good news while driving a tractor trailer...grrrrrrrrrrrr.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aren't y'all having all the luck. Boo. Once when I was dead broke and poor, my refrigerator died. I lived in Baytown, Tx. It is right on the coast, warm in the winter, nice climate. The man upstairs must have felt sorry for me and sent a cold spell of temps in the high 20's. I put my food outside in a box and nothing spoiled.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
from what i was told this morning from dw the estimate was approved this morning, so now the next waiting game.....when?

had a appliance person come out and inspected the fridge<water damage on the fan and compressor, so that got turned in..fingers crossed he did say we where lucky that we were not killed where the stove plug is located so low to the floor, does recommend that the plug be replaced and raised 6"

you know it's a b!tch finding a fridge that will fit through manufactured home doors... even with the doors removed.... most are 3/4" to wide....

my big plans on having tons of meat to go on the smoker ,just might be canceled till we get a fridge....we all have lived out of a suitcase, we are living out of ice chests...:lol:

so the money i have been squirreling away for a hot water heater, looks like it might be going towards a fridge....

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
X2 on the fridge and mobile homes. I had to sell my huge fridge and use the much smaller version that was in the doublewide. It and the stove were both brand new.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the contractor is in miami florida till monday at some conference..<my guess boobs beer and beach conference>.... hopefully he will return dw call then, so we can get an idea of how ,when he plans on starting. theres a couple things he said but we really dont see or understand on the estimate ... we are figuring a couple weeks before they start, but could be wrong. theres a lot of prep work that needs to be done
1. repairing the sheetrock
2. re- insulating the walls
3. painting the walls
4. pulling up the old carpet

we have picked out the carpet, a medium forest green
picked out the vinyl a dark oak plank pattern
picked out the countertop...a cream mascarello marble laminate

as for the cabinets thats one of the things we dont understand yes we know that the lower ones are being replaced, but he mentioned something about the upper cabinets as well.
we looked at lowers we the finished ones we did not like, but found ones that are unfinished oak..figuring on staining them in either golden oak or a dark oak..we would have to stain them ourselves since that was not in the bid... we are good with that.

found a side by side fridge that will fit through the front door at lowes 900.00. but we will need to remove the storm door, the front door, laundry room door, plus the doors and door mounts will need to be removed on the fridge by doing this there will be 1/4" clearance....
of course lowes does not have one in stock, their website says 3-7 day to get to them and then need to arrange delivery... no fridge for thanksgiving, so all leftovers will be going home with ds..

but while out for breakfast told the dw that doing the dishes in the tub is getting real old, so once home put a bandaid on the sink cabinet and the damaged countertop,put it into place popped the sink in hooked up water....bam somewhat normal
the only thing i need to do is put some duct tape along the tile and counter as a water barrier...dont need any water damage at this point.
IMG_2780[1].JPG

have a little leak around one of the sinks, so going to to put some sealant around it, since we are suppose to get a new sink.

crap spoke too soon the water shut offs are leaking... see what the insurance company says or 1-800 joe plumber out of our pocket....

happy saturday everyone